- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 400g lamb leg steaks, cut into cubes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 brown onions, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup beef liquid stock
- 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 large rosemary sprigs
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- To serve with: ½ cup cooked rice per portion.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place flour in a snap-lock bag. Add lamb and shake bag to coat.
3. Spray a heavy-based casserole dish lightly with oil.
4. Heat over medium-high heat. Add half the lamb. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
5. Remove to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining lamb.
6. Spray pan lightly with oil and add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
7. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add stock, tomatoes, pumpkin and rosemary. Return lamb with juices to pan. Bring to the boil.
9. Cover and place in the oven. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until lamb is tender.
10. Remove from oven. Stir in chickpeas and peas.
11. Cover and return to oven. Cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
12. Remove rosemary sprigs and discard.
13. Spoon casserole over rice to serve.