- 2medium beets, roasted peeled, halved and cut in thin half-moons
- 1 medium fennel bulb trimmed, quartered, cored and sliced very thin across the grain
- 1navel orange, peeled, pith cut away, and cut in thin rounds or sections
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- ½teaspoon lightly toasted cumin seeds, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1small garlic clove, puréed (optional)
- ¼cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine beets, fennel, orange slices or medallions, mint and cilantro in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together lemon or lime juice, cumin, salt, optional garlic and olive oil. Toss with the salad and serve.