- 1 CUP FROZEN PEAS, THAWED AND CRUSHED
- 3 CUPS FINELY SHREDDED KALE LEAVES
- 1 CUP FRESH RICOTTA
- 3 EGGS
- ¼ CUP CHIA SEEDS
- 1 TABLESPOON FINELY GRATED LEMON RIND
- 2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED MINT LEAVES
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 2 TABLESPOONS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- BABA GHANOUSH, WATERCRESS SPRIGS AND LEMON WEDGES, TO SERVE
- Place the peas, kale, ricotta, eggs, chia seeds, lemon rind, mint, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix to combine and allow to stand for 20 minutes. Shape the mixture into 2-tablespoon patties and flatten slightly.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden, adding more oil as necessary.
- Divide between serving plates and top with baba ghanoush. Serve with watercress and lemon wedges. Makes 16.