- 3 CUPS TOMATO PUREE
- 1 CUP WATER
- 5 FRESH LASAGNE SHEETS, CUT INTO 15CM X 12CM RECTANGLES
- ½ CUP FINELY GRATED PARMESAN
- ½ CUP GRATED MOZZARELLA
- BASIL LEAVES, TO SERVE
- 1 BUNCH ENGLISH SPINACH, TRIMMED
- 3 CARROTS GRATED
- 3½ CUPS FRESH RICOTTA
- 1 CUP FINELY GRATED PARMESAN
- 2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY LEAVES
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, CRUSHED
- 1 TEASPOON FINELY GRATED LEMON RIND
- 1 TABLESPOON CHOPPED DILL
- ½ CUP FRESH WHITE BREADCRUMBS
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- Place the spinach, carrot ricotta, parmesan, parsley, garlic, lemon, dill, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the tomato puree and water in a second large bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread half of the tomato mixture over the base of a greased 20cm x 30cm ovenproof dish.
- Lay a lasagne sheet on a flat surface, top with ¼ cupful of the ricotta filling along the centre and roll. Place in the baking dish, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining sheets and filling.
- Pour the remaining tomato mixture over the cannelloni, sprinkle with the parmesan and mozzarella and cook for 25–30 minutes at 180 degrees, or until golden and cooked through.
- Top with the basil leaves to serve. Serves 4–6.