- 350g zucchini, shredded and drained
- ½ cup grated white onion
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- olive oil, for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, onion, corn, egg, and cheese. Then stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and basil.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, spoon the zucchini mixture by a tablespoon. (I used a regular eating tablespoon to measure out the mixture). Flatten the tops with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve warm fritters as is or with avocado, a thin slice of tomato and fresh herbs of your choice.